Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday

I keep saying that I am feeling better and better and getting good workouts in but today I feel I am making huge progress. I am getting my old work ethic back. I am a work horse when I get going. In fact today I got the best and most wonderful compliment. A man in the club who is probably in his thirties, a very nice black man, told me today, " Mam, I have been to this gym for two years now and I have never seen any woman in here work as hard as you." Awwwh I was so proud .
I bested myself today and broke the 13 minute mile. I made it in 12:54.....LOL Now I know that is not fast but when I started in November I walked a 17 minute mile. I only run for 2:54 minutes. The length of Rockin in the USA. I run at 5.4.
I am moving forward in small baby steps but I am still moving forward.

I am doing this for myself and to get that wonderful feeling of endorphines. ENDORPHINES *L*
I am also doing this with my family. We are rewriting our stories. We talk about food but not much, I mostly talk about myself and when others are talking it gives me time to think of what I am going to say next. Aaron would you concur sir?

I love going to the gym.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

That's not others talking...it's your echo that you hear...

mem said...

What!!! Why I oughta...

Aaron said...

I concur...

Seriously, you're doing great...